So, how was the meeting?
Proceedings of the San Francisco
Robotics Society of America (SFRSA)
Monthly Meeting at the Exploratorium
Museum of Science, Art and Human Perception
15 - January - 1997
President Kevin Fahl had several announcements:
966 Elm St.
Rocky Ford, CO 81067
(Tel) 719 254-4558
Kevin passed out several items including:
BS2 kit software & manual
BS2 kit hardware
Santa Ana, CA 92799-6044
Included in the newsletter was contact information for a robotics organization called FIRST, which runs a web site at www.usfirst.org. A description of the organization follows, taken from the web site:
"FIRST is an acronym which stands for "For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology".
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to generate an interest in science and engineering among today's youth. Currently, our primary means of accomplishing this goal is through our annual robot competitions, which began in 1992. We are also in the process of opening a science center in downtown Manchester, NH."
FIRSTs web site
HSCs web site
Treasurer Robert McAdams passed around several items including:
Supercircuits web site
Hewlett-Packard Journal web site
March Contest Rules
1) Two Divisions: Kit Robots and Homebrew
2) Kit Robots can only be modified to allow use of drawing instrument
3) Homebrew Robots can cannibalize from kits as well as other sources.
4) Entries must be autonomous.
5) Drawing must be produced on a 8 1/2x11 sheet of paper at time of contest.
6) Drawing must be finished within a half hour.
7) Scoring to be decided Jan. meeting
1) Two goals: A standard electrical socket and a special designed charging base.
2) Scoring based on time to find external power source